Nationality: all excluding Austria
Where: Austria, Europe
Fields of study or research: Natural Sciences, Technical Sciences, Human Medicine, Health Sciences, Agricultural Sciences, Social Sciences, Humanities, Arts
Type of scholarship: grants, research promotion
Grant: month scholarship installment, health insurance, accommodation, travel costs
Target group: Undergraduates, Graduates, Postgraduates, PhD students
To be eligible, you need to:
- Be descendants of forced laborers
- Not have studied or pursued research or pursued academic work in Austria in the last six months before taking up the grant
- Meet the age limit (Doctoral students: 40 years – born on or after September 1, 1978, other students: 35 years – born on or after September 1, 1983)
What do you need to submit?
- Full online application form
- Two letters of recommendation
- Confirmation of supervision
- Scanned passport
- University graduation certificate of your diploma, master, PhD or doctoral studies at a university outside Austria
How to apply: online at www.scholarships.at
Deadline for application: March 1, 2019
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE SCHOLARSHIP
The deadline for scholarship applications is April 30, 2020.
The application has to be submitted complete (with all necessary documents), and all submitted documents have to be originals and written in the English language, or accompanied by certified translations.
The application has to be submitted to:
Kateřina Frídlová (Hollar Building, room 216),
the International Office
Faculty of Social Sciences, Charles University
Smetanovo nabrezi 6
110 01 Praha 1, Czechia.
Scanned copies sent by email can be considered as a temporary measure in specific cases. However, originals have to be delivered as well. The final decision regarding such applications cannot be made until originals have been received.
Application has to include the following documents:
- completed application form
- motivation essay of no more than 1000 words, explaining why you need a scholarship, and what you hope to gain from your studies at Charles University
- two letters of recommendation from teachers, who know you from your previous studies, including confirmation of your financial need (for fresh applicants for our programmes)
- one letter of recommendation from a Charles University academic who knows you from your studies at the Faculty, including confirmation of your financial need (for current students of our programmes).
IMPORTANT: All scholarship applicants who are fresh applicants for one of our programmes HAVE TO also lodge an online application for their selected study programme and note the name of the programme on their application for a scholarship. Without this, their application for a scholarship will not be considered.