The Global Academic Excellence Scholarship (International) offered by the University of Adelaide in AY 2020 is a highly competitive award that rewards commencing undergraduate and postgraduate coursework international students who have demonstrated academic excellence in previous studies.
University of Adelaide
Level/Field(s) of study:
Bachelors, Masters, Graduate Diplomas and Graduate Certificates in any subject except:
• Professions: Master of Business Administration (MBA).
• Engineering, Computer and Mathematical Sciences: Master of Marine Engineering; Graduate Diploma of Marine Engineering; Graduate Certificate of Marine Engineering.
• Sciences: Bachelor of Science (Veterinary Bioscience); Master of Viticulture and Oenology; Graduate Diploma of Viticulture and Oenology; Doctor of Veterinary Medicine.
For the Faculty of Health and Medical Sciences: The 50% scholarship will apply only to the following programs:
– Bachelor of Health & Medical Science
– Bachelor of Health & Medical Science (Advanced)
– Bachelor of Psychological Science
– Bachelor of Psychology (Advanced) (Honours)
– Master of Public Health (suite GC and GD)
– Master of Health Economics & Policy (suite GC and GD)
– Master of Nursing Science (General).
Number of Scholarships:
2 per faculty
Each Faculty will award 2 scholarships of a 50% reduction of the tuition fee to the scholar, to those with the highest score above an ATAR of 98 or GPA of 6.8. The duration of the scholarship is for the minimum standard full-time duration of the scholar’s chosen undergraduate or postgraduate program.
The scholarship payment will be made in the form of a tuition fee waiver. The scholarships do not cover the costs of visas, Overseas Student Health Cover, travel, accommodation, living expenses, books and study materials or any other expenses associated with living in Adelaide or study at the University of Adelaide.
Eligible candidates for this scholarship are those who are commencing studies in AY 2020, and these commencing students are direct-entry international undergraduate and postgraduate coursework students, including those who are required to undertake a Pre-Enrolment English Program (PEP) prior to their degree commencement. Citizens of any country, except Australia and New Zealand, are eligible.
Applicants will be assessed on their academic achievement. As a general guide, the University of Adelaide will consider applicants who have achieved an academic level on par with the following:
• For undergraduate programs: Raw ATAR of 98 OR its equivalent.
• For postgraduate coursework programs: A GPA 6.8 out of 7 or its equivalent.
Scholarship applicants who are eligible for more than 1 scholarship offered by the University of Adelaide will only be entitled to receive 1 scholarship, which is the highest value scholarship award that they are eligible for.
For students who wish to commence studies in Semester 1 2020, all applications to study with the University must be submitted by 5 January 2020. Students eligible for the scholarships will be assessed on academic merit and will automatically be offered this scholarship by 17 January 2020 (first half 2020).
For students who wish to commence studies in Semester 2 2020, all applications to study with the University must be submitted by 14 June 2020. Applicants will be automatically offered this scholarship by 26 June 2020 (second half 2020).
It is important to visit the official website (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.